The Ultimate Blissful Meditation to Balance Your Hormones
Guest Blog by Helen Kaselov.
Having imbalance in the hormonal system is very common when you have endometriosis or other pelvic pain. In the yogic tradition the hormones are called the “Guardians of the Soul”. They effect us so much. Our physical health, our emotional health and our well being. There are many ways to help your hormones to get into balance again. Doing yoga, breathing exercises & meditations are some tools that I find very helpful.
When you do yoga it helps you not only to feel good in your body, but it also helps to lower your stress hormones and to balance other hormones that are important to feel vibrant.
So I want to share this wonderful meditation that helps to balance your hormones. It is a meditation that balances the endocrine system and the nervous system. Start with 3 minutes and increase over time.
- Sit in Easy pose with your legs crossed (or on a chair)
- Sit with your spine erect and straight.
- Bend your elbows and place your hands in front of your chest at heart level, 5 cm (2 inches) out from your chest, the palms facing the chest. The left hand closest to the chest and the right hand on top of the left hand. The tip of the thumbs touch each other.
- Focus on third eye-point (the point in between your eyebrows).
- Inhale long and deeply and as you have inhaled you hold the breath in for 10 seconds.
- Slowly exhale and as you have exhaled you hold the breath out for 10 seconds.
- Inhale again and continue in this rhythm for 3-7 minutes.
If you find it difficult to hold the breath for 10 seconds you can start with 5 seconds and increase over time.
Helen Kaselov is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist and the founder of Healing from within with yoga & food (former Yoga for Endometriosis & Pelvic pain). Helen has a history of severe endometriosis and is today helping women with endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids and other pelvic pain online, with yoga, nutrition and other lifestyle changes. Using yoga both as a tool in different kinds of healing programs, pain management, yoga has become the foundation in her work. “Yoga can help you in so many ways: Physically, mentally, spiritually and as a personal development tool.” Visit www.endoyoga.com to learn more.