- Yoga is EXERCISE
- Stimulates lymph, blood and digestive flow
- Boosts mood
- Relaxes the parasympathetic nervous system (our relaxation hub)
- Reduces pain
- Assists natural body detoxification
Fab Video Yoga Classes to Try
- Yoga for Weight Loss and PCOS Part 1 and Part 2
- Yoga for Cramps and PMS
- Yoga for Stress, Anxiety and Depression
Individual Poses to Try
- legs up the wall
- butterfly pose
- reclined bound angle
- any twists
- corpse pose
Deep Breathing and Meditation
When I say meditation most women freak out. Some think it’s religious or spiritual in a way they’re not comfortable with, but often women are so unused to “doing nothing” that the thought of “wasting time” sitting and breathing for awhile seems silly. Not so, my lovely friends! Learning to breathe properly in every day life and during those “do nothing” times will probably have a greater impact than any other one thing you can try for self-care.
- Improves functioning of your respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, digestive, muscular, endocrine (hello, hormones!) and psychic systems
- Better sleep and memory
- Dynamic energy
- Increased focus and concentration
- Reduces stress
- Three-Part Breath: this exercise is particularly helpful for insomnia, and receiving anxiety, especially the type coming on before menses or during menopause.
- Guided Imagery for PCOS from Circle and Bloom
- Womb Healing Meditation
- Menstruation Meditation
Ways to Use
- steam inhalation
- inhalation through a diffuser
- topically for skin and hair care (diluted or un-diluted)
- internally in micro-doses for natural balancing (please only use 100% pure and reputable essential oils for internal use- they can be toxic if of low quality or used improperly0
- in a hot bath
- Pleasurable Sensory Experience
- Restorative Nature + Emotional Well-Being
Essential Oils for PCOS
- Geranium: tones the reproductive system
- Lavender: reduces stress
- Rosemary: reduces androgens (excellent for topical use)
- Rose: tones the reproductive system
Herb Teas to Try + Benefits:
- CRAMP tea to reduce pain and other PMS symptoms
- Tulsi aka Holy Basil to balance stress response and hormones
- A Rosemary and Green Tea Combination to reduce androgens
Acne: I am a Divine expression of life. I love and accept myself where I am right now.
Anxiety: I love and approve of myself and I trust the process of life. I am safe.
Ovarian Cysts: I am balanced in my creative flow. The movies of my mind are beautiful because I choose to make them so. I love me. Click to Tweet!
Menstrual Problems: I accept my full power as a woman and accept all my bodily processes as normal and natural. I love and approve of myself.
Painful Periods: (Dysmenorrhea) I love my body. I love myself. I love all my cycles. All is well.
Weight: I am at peace with my own feelings. I am safe where I am. I create my own security. I love and approve of myself.
PMS: I now take charge of my mind and my life. I am a powerful, dynamic woman! Every part of my body functions perfectly. I love me. Click to Tweet!
Hirsutism: I am a loving parent to myself. I am covered with love and approval. It is safe for me to show who I am.
Blood Sugar Balance: I now choose to make my life light and easy and joyful.