Regulating Your Period with the Moon Cycle
Being a woman can be tough. For one week every month, we get mood swings, cramps, headaches, stomach upset, cravings and about million other “PMS” symptoms that have us going batty. Or maybe we don’t get our period at all for a few months at a time. Well ladies, none of this is normal! We can feel vibrant all month long by regulating our cycles.
How you might ask? By using the moon. Throughout history, women have been keeping track of their periods using the lunar cycle. At every New Moon, they knew their menstruation would begin. This is a fabulous way to track your cycle and have regularity. How can it help you?
- Reduce PMS
- Balance mood
- Reduce menstrual cramping and headaches
- Reduce cravings, bloating and weight gain
- Regulate too long or too short cycles
- Reduce heavy bleeding
- Keep you spiritually connected to the earth and your body
- Empower you with intimate knowledge of your body
Seem too good to be true? Think again! Moon cycling is easy. There are two phases to this method of cycling in which you eat certain foods and their oils to influence your body’s hormone production. Here’s how:
- New Moon to Full Moon: flax seed/oil, fish (and oils), walnuts, pumpkin & chia seeds/oil, cod liver oil
- These foods contain tiny amounts of phytoestrogens, which work to raise estrogen in your body for the follicular phase of your cycle. This is the time when you will be menstruating right up until ovulation.
- Full Moon to New Moon: evening primrose oil, perilla oil, borage oil, black currant seed oil
- These oils work to raise progesterone in the body, which is necessary during the luteal phase of your cycle, or from ovulation until your next menstruation begins.
If you choose to take oils, taking between 2000-4000mg per day is great.
If you choose to eat the foods, 1-3 tbsp. of the nuts/seeds per day is perfect.
So, go CELEBRATE the beauty of your cycle + your body, and your connection to the earth!