12 Reasons a Holistic Nutritionist Can Help With Imbalanced Hormones
When I was diagnosed with PCOS, my doctor wanted to put me back on birth control, and on a medication called Metformin, for blood sugar control. I knew in my head and my heart that taking toxic medications was not the route I was going to take to manage my PCOS. It was a guttural feeling that has changed the course of my life. My business, The Hormone Diva, wouldn’t exist if this hadn’t happened.
Maybe you’ve also been diagnosed with PCOS or some other condition like endometriosis, fibroids or PMS and were offered similar options. Perhaps you, like me, don’t want to put that fake shit in your body. Perhaps using nature to balance health sounds like music to your ears.
But where do you start? How does it all go down? Who could possibly help you with such a complex disorder?
For a little shameless self promotion, I will always recommend seeing a holistic nutritionist to help with hormonal imbalances and the embarrassing symptoms of acne, weight gain, and hair loss, plus the invisible symptoms of irregular or painful periods, depression, anxiety and infertility.
As a Holistic Nutritionist and Natural Nutrition Consulting Practitioner, I have extensive training in both the physiology of disease, as well as using natural remedies and lifestyle shifts to balance disease with natural methods. I’m so JOYful that I am able to help women using my training as my full time job. There’s nothing in the world I would rather do with my time. Those messages from clients that they’re feeling better or something big has shifted in their life in a positive way lights me up, and makes my day every single day.
But how can a holistic nutritionist really help with imbalanced hormones? Is diet and lifestyle really enough to tame this beast? I wholeheartedly believe that YES!, holistic living can be enough, and here’s why:
- Individualized food plans based on YOU – your likes, dislikes, food intolerances, allergies, lifestyle. Eat healthy and eat delicious- without breaking the bank!
- Hit a plateau? Inspiration, motivation, guidance, coaching. It’s having someone there to help you make the changes necessary and call you on your shit to keep you moving towards your goals.
- Get to the root cause of your hormonal symptoms through targeted nutrition and lifestyle tactics to balance sex hormones and insulin– no pill popping required!
- It all starts in the GUT! Work with an nutritionist (ME) on getting your digestion on track, avoid having to push out pellet poops or undo your top button after eating.
- Implement strategies to boost your mood with food. Anxiety, depression, irritability and angry outbursts become a thing of the past. Good food = good mood.
- Learn lifestyle habits to reduce your stress and improve your self-esteem so you’re feeling empowered and gosh damn sexy!
- No quick-fix fad or crash diets. These types of diets provide results quick, followed by a crash in your metabolism and even more weight piling back on.
- Fuck the food pyramid and embrace a diet and lifestyle plan that is suitable and sustainable for you and your rocking life.
- Get a different perspective on your lab test results from someone trained in optimal ranges, rather than average.
- Learn to love the kitchen with new recipes and ways of cooking to optimize health and hormones. BONUS- eating lots of FAT is a good thing!
- Get glowing. Adult cystic acne is no joke. It’s embarrassing, it hurts and it wrecks self-esteem. Learn how to use food, botanicals and lifestyle to achieve clear, glowing skin without pills or burning topical treatments.
- Learn how to be your healthiest self, even if you ARE on medications. Replace nutrients being depleted due to meds, and live a happy hormones lifestyle- no matter the birth control, anti-depressant or other medications you may be taking.