If you missed part one of this post, Where I’m At, check it out here.
- I’ve started a morning and evening routine, to keep me on an even keel.
- I’m doing meditation every single day, for about 10 minutes total.
- I’m using affirmations every single day, for about 10 minutes total.
- Short workouts prevent me from getting too tired, so I’m using the Seven app
- I’m stretching for 5 minutes every day.
- I’m getting out in the sunshine as often as Mother Nature permits.
- I’m journalling– consistently- for the first time in years.
- Near daily art therapy in the form of an adult colouring book
- Essential oils like lavender calm me down and citrus lift my spirits.
- I hug my kitty as much as possible.
- I’ve implemented a laptop curfew, 1.5 hours before sleep
- I’m using my acupressure mat for stress release
- I’m taking regular breaks during my workday, where I might close my eyes, do some stretching, a workout or some sitting down and doing nothing.
Looking at it, this seems like a HUGE list of things to add to an already busy life. But guess what- it takes me hardly any time to complete everything. It can take me as little as 35 minutes a day (which I break into small chunks) or up to a few hours, depending on my schedule. Usually weekends mean more self-care time for me.
- Getting my progesterone up– my Luteal Phase has been shortened and ovulation has been difficult to come by
- Balancing cortisol – I’m SUPER stressed/sad/angry about the loss of my grandmother and it’s making every day life harder. I feel much more tired and irritable that I have in a very long time.
What my average day looks like now:
- Short HIIT training with Seven app
- Rebounding – I’m doing this every morning for 10 minutes
- Restorative, Yin or Hatha styles of yoga
- 20-30 minute nature hikes
- Stretching – I’m doing this every morning for 5 minutes