Acne has plagued me much of my life. To my relief, I finally got an answer to WHY I had acne still as an adult when I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS. Excess sebum was being created on my skin due to high androgen levels and inflammation.
Always wanting to go about my life as naturally as possible, I tried many different DIY approaches to my acne. The following turmeric face mask is something I use 1-2 times per week, and noticed a positive change in my skin after 6 weeks of regular use. Turmeric is fantastic for the skin, being anti-inflammatory.
Turmeric Face Mask
- 2 tbsp organic turmeric powder (anti-inflammatory)
- 1/4 cup besan, or chickpea flour (removes excess oil without drying out the skin)
- Mix the turmeric and chickpea flour in a container where you can store excess.
- To apply to your face, put a tablespoon or so of the turmeric mixture in a small dish of the palm of your hand. Slowly add in water until you reach a paste consistency.
- Apply all over the face, chest or other areas with acne. Leave the mask on until it is completely dry, 10-20 minutes.
- Gently wash the mask off using a soft face cloth and warm water.
- Moisturize if necessary after the mask.