I should warn you right now that this is going to be a TMI post. I’m doing this for you lovely, because I want to tell you like it is, and the best way to do that is to actually be HONEST. So here we go. . .
During the Christmas holiday season of 2015, I indulged a LOT. A few days before Christmas I got sick with a cold, and so I said fuck it! I’m gonna eat whatever I want. After several days of this coupled with a nasty cold and I was experiencing symptoms I don’t usually see.
Everything from constant burping to insane gas and hard poops. This is what happens when I eat excess sugar and flour products (like cookies, cereal, noodles, fruit juice and crappy chocolate). Anything beyond once or twice a week makes me feel a little bit crazy when it comes to these so-called foods.
I know you’ve been there- constant gas, bloating and belching. Not to mention constipation and diarrhea. While we all will occasionally experience these symptoms, if your belly looks like it’s got a baby inside and your holding in toots during your daily tasks- it’s time for a change.
What is the real reason behind these annoying and embarrassing symptoms?
LOW STOMACH ACID. Our stomach acid is primarily hydrochloric acid, or HCl.
The purpose of stomach acid is to begin breaking down our food in the stomach after chewing and swallowing. HCl breaks down proteins, sterilizes the food you eat to prevent harmful bacteria from getting into your system and maintains the proper pH levels in your stomach.
- Undigested food particles in stool
- Acid reflux
- Rectal itching
- Chronic candida (aka yeast overgrowth)
- Adrenal fatigue
- Autoimmune disease
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Chronic fatigue
- And others
Take Action with these remedies
- Digestive enzymes with every meal
- Apple Cider Vinegar + Water Before Meals
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s) + 1/2 – 1 cup warm filtered water
- Drink 20 minutes before a meal to increase enzyme and HCl secretion
- Stress Reduction
- Stress inhibits digestive function because your body is in ‘fight or flight’ and puts more importance on bringing blood and nutrients to your extremities rather than digestive capability
- Daily practices like yoga, meditation, visualization, reading, walking and enjoying a relaxing hobby will all balance those stress hormones and restore digestive balance
- Probiotics and probiotic foods
- Probiotics or friendly bacteria in our gut assist our bodies in creating digestive enzymes and juices
- Probiotics also help us synthesize nutrients in our GI tract which may later be used to create HCl or enzymes
- Probiotics also assist HCl in preventing the overgrowth of harmful pathogens like candida and parasites
- Enjoy enzyme rich foods with every meal
- Raw foods: leafy greens like kale and spinach, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, or any other vegetables and fruit raw
- Raw Fermented foods: sauerkraut, kombucha, water kefir, coconut kefir, kimchi, pickles, pickled beets, miso, apple cider vinegar
- Sprouts: sunflower, pea, broccoli, onion, arugula, cilantro
- Consider working with your doctor and natural health practitioner to come off medications like the Cirth Control Pill, Hormone Replacement Therapy and Anti-Depressants if (and only if!!) possible
- These medications deplete your body of nutrients required to make HCl and other digestive enzymes
- These medications also promote the overgrowth of candida
Ok beautiful, it’s time to make a change. Go TODAY and purchase or create one of the remedies above and commit to USING IT for 2 weeks. Notice during this time HOW you feel and how your digestion is. . .Are you still bloated and gassy? Or is the potential embarrassment of letting one rip at the office a distant memory?