- I feel guilty for taking time to myself when others need me
- I don’t have time or the cash
- It doesn’t work
- Everyone else in my life deserves relaxation and self-care but me- I have people to take care of!
- Self-care is selfish and I don’t want to be selfish
- I don’t fit in with the lithe yoginis and athletic gym rats
- I’m too fat/ugly/busy/tired/insert excuse here
Let’s dispel some excuses shall we?
- You’re not too broke. Self-care can be free, or you can invest a little in yourself
- If your tank is empty, how can you fill your loved ones up?
- Do you really have time for illness or injury that comes from being stressed and overworked?
- Most of the women attending local yoga studios and gyms are just like you! Some are tall, some are short. Some are overweight, some are ‘average’. Some are beginners, some are super advanced. And guess what- they’re there for THEMSELVES, not to judge you. Only you are judging you. Stop that!
- You’re not too tired. Self-care doesn’t require energy (depending on the activity)
- You’re not too busy. Self-care can be done in as little as 1 minute, or as long as you like!
Simple Advice for Planning Self-Care
#1: Choose Some Activities
- The three-part breath
- Reading a good book
- Taking a detox bath
- Going outside (hello sunshine + vitamin d!)
- Adult colouring books
- Grabbing a tea with a friend
- Doing a face mask or painting my toe nails
- Check out my Self-Care Pinterest board for even MORE ideas