Detox Day 2
Detox Your Liver for Happy Hormones[wlm_firstname], it’s time to love your liver!
The liver essentially acts like a sewage treatment plant in your body. Constantly bustling, the liver filters everything that we put into and on our bodies. Once our liver has separated out the nutrients and other compounds we need, it readies the waste to be removed from the body (through your pee and poo!).
If your liver isn’t working properly, your hormones can’t either! Through the two phases of liver detoxification, hormones are metabolized and excreted.
This detox has a focus on liver-health foods, such as:
- brassica vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, kale, etc)
- beets and carrots
- garlic and onions
- healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil
To understand fully the role your liver plays in your overall health and hormones, download your copy of the Detox Your Liver for Happy Hormones PDF.
Exercise for Detox and Happy Hormones
While you may be feeling fatigued or sluggish still on Day 2, it’s still important to move your body. If you do not exercise (at all or with consistency) or find that you just don’t have the stamina for exercise- it’s time to listen to your body (and give it a stern talking-to!).
Regular movement and activity is so helpful for your hormones because:
- it helps you detox through skin + sweat, and tones the muscles of the GI tract for optimal internal detoxification
- it removes stagnation from your reproductive organs that may be gunked-up without proper blood flow (causing lack of ovulation, painful + irregular cycles, or hot flashes + no libido, etc)
- you will maintain or release weight with ease because of the sexy lean muscle you’ll tone
- stress reduction- a leading cause of hormonal imbalance
- improved immunity (double immune bonus if you exercise outside for Vitamin D) through jiggling of your lymphatic system
- T-Tapp– my new obsession. 15 minutes and done? Yes please!
- HIIT Training which you can see examples of here, here, here and here.
- Yoga- if you are new to it, check out this free 30 Day Yoga Challenge.
- Outdoor activities like hiking, biking, walking, or interval jogging.
While you are on the detox, aim for at least 10-15 minutes of movement outside of your normal activities. As you begin to feel stronger, increase the intensity of your workout like using HIIT training, but keep the duration short. Once you feel ready (and this may take a few months) you can increase the duration as well, though don’t renege on your intensity.
Today’s Facebook Community Discussion
Hop on over to the Facebook community to take part in today’s discussion.
As part of your detox, you have unlimited email access to me! If you have questions, concerns or want someone else to celebrate with you- feel free to email me![contact-form-7 id=”3293″ title=”Detox Email Support”]